Tuesday, September 1, 2015

An Early Meet and Greet

An Early Meet and Greet

Back in the day, after a trial at a "real relationship" that didn't work, I decided to get back in the swing of things, so to speak.  Through some friends I learned that there would be a “Meet and Greet” party at a nightclub called Budda’s.  I knew that I would be going, but I was surprised when I mentioned it to my former boyfriend Robert that he wanted to go and check it out.  I happily agreed to go together
.
My new friends Matt and Laura, a couple who had so overwhelmed Robert when I tried to bring him into the lifestyle, were the ones who asked me to go.  It was a run down bar on one side with a strip club on the other side and a door separating the two. 

Before the Meet and Greet, Matt told me that they were getting together with some friends who had a hotel room nearby and asked us to join them.  There were five or six couples there just having what to most people would seem to be an innocent cocktail party.  Innocent at least until you noticed what we were wearing, especially the women.  I had on a tiny white mini skirt with a white corset, some nice fuck-me heels, and nothing else.

We chatted for a while with the other couples.  Now is the time to break some of those stereotypes.  The mix in the hotel room was indicative of the demographic and socioeconomic backgrounds of the majority of people in the lifestyle, at least in my experience.  Most were ages 35-55, middle class, educated, with respectable jobs.  For some reason, though, it always seems that police officers and firefighters have the kinkiest reputations.

After a couple of drinks we headed over to Budda’s.  I was a unicorn, and since I was attractive, sexy, bisexual, and unattached, I was the highly coveted holy grail of swinging.

It turned out that Matt and Laura are one of the most well known swinging couples in all of Hampton Roads.  They knew everyone, and everyone knew them.  Initially I got Robert situated on a bar stool next to one of the couples we had met earlier.  I could see that Robert had an eye on the female who had a rather bohemian/hippie thing going on.  I told him I would be back shortly.

I was immediately whisked up into the crowd, being introduced to person after person.  I had missed this!  The attendees at this meet and greet were a very touchy-feely group.  I had been kissed by any number of men and women, had my ass grabbed, and asked to participate in many after party get-togethers.

 I had no realization that I had basically abandoned Robert to the wolves.  Robert is an extremely gregarious guy, but he was very much out of his element.  I think I even called him a downer or something of that nature due to his reclusive determination not to leave his seat at the bar.  After a couple of drinks, I returned to Robert and asked him for a kiss.  He was not amused.  In fact, I think he said, “I’m not kissing you after every man in here has had his tongue down your throat.”  I realized then that he really did not have any concept of how the swinging lifestyle worked and why my attempt to bring him into the fold was such a disaster.

I needed a cigarette, and it just so happened that the strip club attached was a smoking establishment.  I took advantage of my cigarette time to peruse the women on the poles.  While most were attractive, they seemed very jaded.  And very young.  I actually prefer men and women in the 35-55 age range.  I mean, come on, I have a child older than some of these dancers.

Returning from my cigarette break, I was introduced to a very attractive man.  I recognized him, but he did not immediately recognize me.  Along with my single profiles on swinging and sex sites, I had also had a profile for a while on Match.com.  I met a few men and women from that site, but they never amounted to anything substantial.

But here was a man who was practically drooling over me.  I said to him, “You don’t remember me, do you?”

He looked at me and replied, “Should I?”

“Well, I know your name and where you work,” I said laughingly.

Apparently he then took a closer look and responded, “Jesus Christ!  Is that you, Tracy?”

When I affirmed that it was indeed me, he was gobsmacked (I love that word)!  We had gone on a pleasant date about a month prior, but I never heard from him again.  Con went on to confide, “I enjoyed our date, but you seemed rather vanilla for me.”

I laughed out loud at that.  Me, vanilla?  That will teach him to judge.  Although he had a woman with him, to whom I was introduced, he followed me around most of the night.  I found the whole thing uproariously funny.  I’ve never been on a date where someone found me vanilla, at least to my knowledge.

I made it back to Robert who was looking increasingly uncomfortable.  He didn’t feel at all able to mingle, dance, or play around.  I admit that I was a bit annoyed.  Truth be told, though, I had really left him to fend for himself in an unfamiliar world because I was getting my ego stroked.  He wanted to leave.  I didn’t, but I caved since he was getting quite irritated.

The night confirmed that I was smack dab back in the middle of the lifestyle.  I was riding high, feeling like the toast of the town, very full of myself.  I probably annoyed the hell out of Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment